Followers

Sunday, December 6, 2020

In the Garden Plaque!

Hi Crafty Friends!

I have a plaque I made to share today.

Entering in these challenges:
Allsorts - #601 Anything But a Card
Aud Sentiment - #265 AG
CRAFT - #579 Christmas Present
Penny's - #485 AAG
Polkadoodles - #49 AAG
QKR Stampede - #409 AAG
Tuesday Throwdown - #471 AG/Color of Love
 
 Wow! I was pleasantly surprized at all the challenges that accepted craft items other than cards. I usually don't make anything else but cards, except every once in a while I'll find a craft project I want to try.
Like this plaque I made for my daughter-in-law for Christmas. She had a similar one she wanted on Etsy that was going for $30.00. (choke!) So I thought, I can do this!  So I did! (I may have found a new source of income!)

I went to Michael's and found an unfinished, pine plaque, 8 x 10". 
I already had some Americana, white, acrylic paints and gave it a couple of coats, letting it completely dry in between each coat. 
It was a little rough, so I took a nail file block and smoothed it down a bit. 
Then I did a search and found a free copy of the hymn "In the Garden"  and printed it out and cut it down to fit.
Then I marked on the plaque where the print would go and took some Mod Podge and put a coat of it right where the print would be so the paper would adhere to the plaque and hopefully not buckle or bubble when the top coat was applied, (Worked like a charm!)
Then I applied a top coat of Mod Podge over the entire top surface. There was a couple of places that started to bubble, but I was able to press it down with my finger and go over it with more Mod Podge. Came out really nice!
While it was drying, I hooked up my Silhouette to my laptop and found some bouncy lettering I got from the Silhouette store and cut out the letters from some black vinyl I had from my Cricut stash and eye-balled them and stuck them on the front.
Then to make it look distressed and weathered, I took a rasp and filed the edges down a bit and took my E 73 (taupe) and N 3 (gray)copics, and went over where I rasped.  
I remember seeing some metal, sawtooth hardware in my husband's misc. stash in the garage, that I centered on the back and nailed it in with some tiny nails so she could hang it on the wall. And voila!




 That's all for now, hope you enjoyed stoppin' by!
Thanks to all the challengers above for lettin' me play along.
Blessings!
Pam D

9 comments:

Linda Mc Enery said...

This is so beautiful Pam! What a wonderful project! There's something so special about sheet music. Love your ageing of the piece and fun lettering. Thanks for sharing this with us at Penny's!
Linda

brenda said...

We love to see non card entries at Allsorts (hence our name) and this is just perfect, many thanks for joining us at Allsorts challenge this week.

B

Doris Klein said...

Wonderful make..

Thanks for playing along with our current challenge at C.R.A.F.T. Challenge and good luck!

Hugs and please come back soon!
Doris
Kleido’s BastelStüble
*Owner* Do-Al(l) Kreatives
*List Manager* Challenges for Days
*GDT* C.R.A.F.T. Challenge
*GDT* Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2

Chris said...

This is such a beautiful project- your DIL wll be delighted, it's even more special that you made it for her yourself.
Thank you for playing along at Catch the bug this week.
Chris
x

Joy Wilson said...

Love this! Nothing could be more true! Thanks for joining our Anything Goes Challenge at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends. I hope join us again real soon!
Hugs, Joy
JoyWilsonInk
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Owner and Coordinator

Sladjana Perisic said...

Absolutely stunning plaque! Thanks so much for playing along in the Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge. Good luck with your entry and hope to see you again. Sladjana (DT for Lil Patch of Crafty Friends)

Melissa said...

Lovely card. Thanks for joining us at Polkadoodles Challenge.

Tracy said...

Fab creation, thanks for joining Allsorts challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Mummylade said...

What a lovely project! Thank you for entering our challenge at Allsorts this week.