Followers

Thursday, July 30, 2020

Another 30th!

Hey my crafty friends!

I have another birthday card to share today.

Entering in these challenges:

Allsorts - #581 Flowers All Over*
Crafty Sentiments - AG
Creative Moments - AAG
Digi Choosday - #30 AAG
Penny's - #476 AAG
Polkadoodles - #30 AAG
The Paper Shelter - #AG
Tuesday Throwdown - #462 Fav Embellishments*
*Allsorts - flowers are around the center dies
*Fav Embellies - Pearls

I made this birthday card for my daughter-in-law's 30th. Her birthday is 3 wks after my son's and their anniversary is in between their birthdays, so the next card I make will be for their anniversary.

But I've been wanting to make a card with these Sue Wilson dies for a while and this is the perfect opportunity, I just love these! Sue makes such opulent dies and cards, so pretty. The borders are her Indonesian borders & corner dies and the center dies are her Peony Diamond. She also has a tutorial on Youtube that shows you how to extend the borders to make them longer and how to make this card, which is what I did, and you can see it here. After you skip the ad, you'll need to back up the video to the beginning.

The background paper is a carnival glass type paper that I can't remember where I got it from, possibly Paper Wishes, but it's just gorgeous. It shows you a different color depending on how you tip it in the light, from pinks to purple and everything in between. The very center die I cut out of the same paper, but I used my BV08 copic marker and made the outside darker so it would show up against the other 2 center dies. I embellished the whole thing with pearls and the sentiment is from the Anna Griffin mini birthday sticker kit.

The card is bigger than normal, the background paper is 7 1/8" x 6 1/2" and the whole card is 7 13/16ths x 7 3/8ths, and because it's bigger, if you look at the last picture of the back of the card, you'll notice the front purple base pc has a 1/2" overlap so I could attach it to another pc of purple paper the same size as the front of the card, if that makes sense. So the front and back are 2 pcs of paper that are attached to each other.







That's it for now, hope you enjoyed stoppin' by!
Thanks to all the challengers above for lettin' me play along.
Blessings!
Pam D

3 comments:

sallysbitz2 said...

WOW, this looks stunning.
love the effect of the two tone.

hugs sally x
sallysbitz2.blogspot.co.uk

Diana Soling said...

Stunning card. That background paper behind your die cut panel is amazing. Great job. Thanks for joining us at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge Blog!

Hayley's handmade cards said...

I love this card, very nice, thank you for joining us at Polkadoodles Digi Choosday challenge blog. Hayley guest DT member. x