Followers

Sunday, February 20, 2022

A Valentines Day Card!

Hi craft family!

I have a Valentines Day card to share today.

Entering in these challenges:

Allsorts - #664 AAG/I Love...
Aud Sentiment - #292 Love
Crafty Catz - #583 AAG/Add a Sentiment
Creative Fingers - #225 AAG
Cut It Up - #245 Love/Valentines
Dies R Us - #187 AAG/Valentines/Love *
Digi Choosday - #7 AAG
Double D - Shades of Pink
Inkspirational - #259 Shaped Cards
Make My Monday - #168 3 Hearts
Penny's - #515 AAG
Polkadoodles - #8 AAG
QKR Stampede - #438 AAG
Sweet Stampin' - Love *
* Dies R Us - Spellbinder's hearts
* Sweet Stampin' - sentiment stamps

I've been MIA from making cards and from life for a few months as I have been dealing with the death of my husband. He died January 12th and it's just been now that I felt like I could get back to some sort of normality. I didn't think it would hit me so hard as we have been pretty much room mates and estranged for many years now. But I guess when you've been together for 33 years there's more of a bond than I thought. Through all of this I also have a new found admiration and respect for him that I didn't have before. 
He was in the Navy for 8 yrs and a Vietnam vet and with the help of customers of mine who are 2 retired Navy captains, I found he had several medals, ribbons and awards that I didn't know he had and quite a career while he was in. One incident being the ship he was on was one of the ships that helped in the evacuation of Saigon. So quite deserving of the military honors he recieved.  I also found out from 3 nephew and nieces that he was thier favorite uncle, not to mention the love of our sons and his brothers and sisters, one being a twin brother. 
 He was also a believer in Jesus so I know where he is now and that he is no longer in anymore excrutiating pain and enjoying the wonders of heaven in his glorified body!   Hallelujah!

I started making this card over a year ago but never finished it till now.
It's mostly made with Anna Griffin's Twist and Pop card kit and a few other stamps and embellishments in my stash.







That's it for now, hope you enjoyed stoppin' by!
Thanks to all the challengers above for lettin' me play along!
Blessings!
Pam D
 

16 comments:

Jane Savage said...

My sincerest condolences for your terrible loss. Thank you for sharing your lovely project with us at Polkadoodles Digi Choosday! Jane S (DT) Paper, Pencils & Pretty Things! xxx

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

A beautiful card wonderful design Thank you for joining us at Crafty Catz Challenge Blog good luck Ginny DT for Crafty Catz Challenge Blog
My Blog As I do Rodos

Darlene said...

Oh Pam I am SO SORRY for your loss! Your card is AMAZING ... absolutely beautiful! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Shades of Pink’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

P.S. If I hadn’t already mentioned it, just wanted to let you know that we have another new challenge blog. This time it’s all about using your EMBOSSING FOLDERS. I hope you’ll come check us out and play along at CAN YOU HANDLE THE PRESSURE. Hope to see you there!

Diane said...

Beautifully designed fancy fold card! Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
Diane DD DT {Nellies Nest}
{Double D}

Cindy Groh said...

Fabulous card. I. Saw it on. Challenge blog and had to take a closer look.I’ve been into making more interactive cards.

Cindy Groh said...

I’m so sorry to hear of your loss. Making cards will help give you a new purpose.

Kathy Krug said...

Beautiful card. I am glad you finally got to finish it. A loss like yours is hard, and creativity is often stifled for awhile. Knowing that he knew Jesus is a real comfort. Thanks for taking time to share with us at Double D Challenge Blog. We hope to see more of your creations.
Kathy
DD DT

Julie Odil said...

I am so sorry for your loss, but am glad you are creating again. I hope it helps you heal. Your card is awesome! Thanks for joining us at Dies R Us Challenges. Julie, DT member

Pat K said...

So sorry to hear of your loss. Beautiful card with a great fancy fold. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin. Pat K xx

Gerda said...

I am so sorry to hear of your loss.
Your card is Beautiful!! Love the fabulous card fold and the pretty card design!!
Thanks for joining us at Cut it Up challenge!
Have a great day.
Gerda

sue t. said...

Sorry for your loss! Your card is a stunning tribute to the man you married. Thanks for sharing your creation with us at Cupcake Inspirations!

Amelia Breytenbach said...

Such a beautiful card! Love the colours and all the pretty details. Thanks for sharing with us at Double "D" Challenges.
Amelia (DT Double "D" Challenges)

Sue Jackson said...

I am so incredibly sorry for your loss. What a blessing that so many people cared so much about him.
This twist and pop card is wonderful! I've only used squares on the inside and now want to try it with different shapes. Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday! Hope to see you in the gallery again, soon.

Ela said...

Sorry for your loss. Your card is wonderful and sweet. Thanks for joining us at Penny's paper challenge. Hugs Ela DT

Leanne said...

Wonderful card, love the fold and this is so pretty. Thanks for playing our challenge at Cupcake Inspirations Challenge. Happy Crafting!

Leanne DT Member/CIC
Cupcake Inspirations

Nora Noll said...

Such a pretty card. I love the fun pop up inside!! Thank you for playing with us this week at the Cupcake Inspirations Challenge!!

Nora
Cupcake Inspirations
Design Team Member