Followers

Monday, August 24, 2020

Fun Flamingo!

Hey crafty friends!

I have a flamingo card to share today!

Entering in these challenges:

A Bit More Time to Craft - #122 AAG
A Gem of a Challenge - #17 AAG
Allsorts - #585-6 Summer Fun
Always Fun - #177 In the Sky Scene
Aud Sentiment - #258 AG
Catch the Bug - wkly - End of Summer
Cut It Up - #207 Old School*
Dies R Us - #151 Baby It's Hot Outside (Won Top3!)
Digi Choosday - #33 AAG (Won Top 3!)
Li'l Patch of Crafty Friends - #140 AAG
Make My Monday - 129 On the Beach
Penny's - #478 AAG
Polkadoodles - #34 AAG
QKR Stampede - #402 AAG
The Paper Shelter - #437 Punches & Dies*
*Cut It Up - repurposed sand and palm tree, yellow base of senti is a die.
*Dies R Us - yellow base of senti is a die.
*The Paper Shelter - palm fronds punches


I saw a card like this on Pinterest and decided to give it a shot, but when all was said and done, I just did not like the way it turned out. I originally blended the colors with inks and sponges, but it was just not working. Plus, I had to start over a couple times 'cause I messed it up, bumping colors where they weren't suppose to be, plus a few other blunders. It started vertically as a book fold, but on the 3rd attempt, I decided to turn it horizontally as a tent fold.  Finally, I resigned myself that this was not happening, so I just started fiddling with it. I took some copics and blended it in all the different colors, and this is how it came out.   I also added some reflecton on the water with a Sakura gold, glitter, jelly roll pen and gave the flamingo some bling too! (See 3rd photo.)


Then I thought it could use a sentiment and a flower.


                 Reflection


Then one of the challenges was on the beach, so I took apart another card and added some sand.


Then I thought it could use a palm tree, so I took the tree off the the same card that I took the sand.


Ya know, sometimes it's just best to go with the clean and simple!

That's it for now, hope you enjoyed stoppin' by!
Thanks to all the challengers above for lettin' me play along!
Blessings!
Pam D

24 comments:

Bella Création (Iza) said...

beautiful card...Thank you for sharing with us at the Paper Shelter Challenge.
Hope to see you again!

Iza DT

Linda Mc Enery said...

Oh how beautiful! Looking at this it's hard to believe it isn't what you originally planned, because it's just perfect! Wonderful vibrant colour and perfect additions. Thanks for sharing this with us at Penny's!
Linda

Melanie Hungerford said...

After all your changes it sure turned out great! The addition of the palm tree finishes it off perfectly. Thank you for joining us at Always Fun Challenges.
Melanie

Kathy Krug said...

Sometimes you just keep working on a card until it works for you. I love the shimmer you added. Thanks for shaaring with us at Dies R Us Challenge Blog. We hope you will join us for future challenges.
Kathy
DRU DT

meg said...

A stunning card, love the depth of colour, the sand and palm tree were the perfect finishing touches, thank you for joining in at MMM

Elaine Stark said...

This has fabulous exotic feel. Great colours. Thanks for joining Aud Sentiments challenge. Elaine

Ellibelle said...

Sorry you had trouble with it at first, but I do love how it turned out and the sand and palm tree are a perfect addition!
Thanks so much for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge for our Summer Fun theme!

Joy Wilson said...

Wow! These are fabulous! I so terribly want to see that sunset in person! Thanks for joining our Anything Goes Challenge at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends. I hope join us again real soon!
Hugs, Joy
Joyfully Stamps
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends, Owner/Coordinator

brenda said...

A really dramatic scene, thanks so much for joining in with our 'Summer Fun' theme at Allsorts challenge.

B x

Jane Savage said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jane Savage said...

What a gorgeous sunset you've created and I love the added sparkle!
Thank you for joining us at Polkadoodles Digi Choosday! Jane S (DT) Paper, Pencils & Pretty Things xxx

Treva said...

What a cute flamingo card; like the colors and design as I am a clean and simple crafter.

Thank you for joining us at Cut it Up for our Old School challenge.

Treva
www.scrappint.blogspot.com

Patty Sue 2 said...

I am glad you persevered as your card is lovely....for me simpler is better. I love how you took apart another card and used the elements in this one! It looks beautiful! Thank you for joining our challenge at The Paper Shelter! Please play with us again!

KathyA. said...

What a beautiful card. Love that sun! Thanks for joining us at Penny’s Paper-Crafty Challenge. DT Kathy [myasperations.blogspot.com]

Jennifer_GlitterInMyHair said...

What a great project! So lovely! Thanks for sharing it with us at Polkadoodles’ Gems Challenge good luck and hope to see you again!

Jennifer, DT
You can also find me on Instagram!

Jackie C said...

Perfect for our Challenge!
So glad that you have shared your great artwork with us here at Always Fun Challenges.
Good luck hun and do come back again!
Jackie DT @AFC

Bonnie Lynn said...

Wow!! This is a set of awesome cards!!

Judy V said...

Fabulous creation! Thanks for joining us for Week 17 at Gem of a Challenge!

Wei said...

Amazing creation! Love the beach scene! Thanks for playing along with us at Make My Monday Challenge. Looking forward to seeing your creative projects in the future galleries again.

Samantha Ball - aka (Craftychick74) said...

I love your card. I thought it looked great from the first pic although loved the last one with the trees and sand.

Thank you for joining us at Polkadoodles Digi Choosday Challenge.

Happy Crafting
Sam
Craftychick Cards.blogspot.com

Sharon Smith said...

Wow amazing card, love the bling!
Thank you for joining us at Digi Choosday
Sharon ~ DT member for Digi Choosday Challenge!

Cut It Up Challenge Blog said...

I love those beautiful colors. You really made a gorgeous sunset.

Thanks for joining us at Cut it Up for our Old School challenge!

Evelyn
http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

Suze said...

Gorgeous sunset scene. Thanks for sharing your process - I found it interesting. Thank you for joining in with the Anything Goes Challenge at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends.

jenny Ginger Ninja Crafts said...

A fun flamingo indeed! I love the setting sun behind and such beautiful colours with a touch of shimmer. Thanks so much for joining us for the Aud Sentiments Challenge, sorry it's taken me longer to comment, just catching up with all the beautiful makes now. Crafty hugs, Jenny (Aud Sentiments DT) xx