Followers

Thursday, August 2, 2018

One Last Christmas Card

Hi crafty peeps!

Can you believe it's August already!?! Sheesh, it's flyin' by!
I have my last Christmas in July card to share today.

Entering in these challenges:

Artistic Inspiration - #205 AAG
Crafty Sentiments - AG
Creative Fingers - #150 AAG (Won Top 3!)
Creative Moments - #149 AAG
Cut It Up - #153 Christmas in July* (Won Top 3!)
Digi Choosday - #31 AAG
Fab n Funky - #404 Christmas in July
Hiding in My Craft Room - #363 Christmas in July
Jo's Scrap Shack - #244 AAG
Penny's - #391 AAG
Polkadoodles - #30 AAG
QKR Stampede - #306 AAG
The Paper Shelter - #349 AG
*Cut It Up - Crafters Companion & Impression Obsession dies

This is called a bridge card following the Christmas in July theme. The buck in the trees is a Sheena Douglas Christmas Deer die frame from the Scenic Winter Perfect Partners Collection that also has stamps to match which is what the snowy trees background is, all by Crafters Companion. The doe, fawn and birds are from Impression Obsession and dazzles from Paper Wishes. The sentiment is a stamp from Stampendous and I covered the tree branches and ground with Snow Tex. The matte, mirror and glitter papers are a luxury cardstock also from Crafter's Companion.

**FYI** Just thought I'd pass this little tidbit of info I just happened to  stumble upon. I used stayz-on ink for the senti because regular ink smears on matte and mirror papers and I thought, "Uhhg! My new stamp was stained for life!" But, oh contrare!! Being copic certified and knowing copics, as well as most permanent markers are alcohol based, I wondered if stayz-on ink was alcohol based as well and came to find out, it is! And, if you wash your stamp with alcohol and give it a good scrub, (I used a toothbrush) right after you use it, you can get 90-95% of the stayz-on ink off your stamp. How cool is that!! No more unsightly stained stamps, unless, you're ok with that. (Guess I'm just easily thrilled or OCD!)






That's it for now, hope you enjoyed stoppin' by.
Thanks to all the challengers above for lettin' me play along, your awesome!
Blessings!
Pam D

8 comments:

Gerda said...

This card is so beautiful!!! I love the pretty embossing and the pretty winter scene!! Thanks for joining us at Cut it Up challenge!
Have a great day.
Gerda
http://cardscreations.blogspot.com

Cut It Up Challenge Blog said...

Thrilled with your tip! I wonder if it would work on stamps that have been stained for awhile. I might give it a try.

What a sophisticated looking card. I love the forest scene you've created.

Thanks for joining us for our Cut it Up for our Christmas in July challenge!

Evelyn
http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

KathyA. said...

Wow... love the icy gray with the pop of bright blue. What a gorgeous combination. Thanks for joining us at QKR Stampede. Hope to see you again soon. DF Kathy A.

KathyA. said...

Back again! I'm also a new DT at Penny's Place so was fun to be able to view your beautiful card again. I look forward to seeing your creations in the future. DT Kathy A.

Becca Sadler said...

Pam: Your Christmas bridge card is sensational! This is a one-of-a-kind keepsake that needs to be treasured and displayed every Christmas! I hope the receiver treats it with special care and gives it a terrific show-off spot in their home! Thanks for sharing at HIMCR this week! Becca/DT

Jean said...

Oh wow what a stunner, beautiful colour combo.
Thanks for joining us over at Penny's.
Jean xx

Julie Reed said...

Wow this is so beautiful, I love the little hint of bright blue and a lovely layout too. Thanks for joining us at DIGI CHOOSDAY this week.
Julie DT x

Melle Clef said...

What a lovely chrismas card ! Thank you for joining us at Artistic Inpirations challenge blog.
http://melleclef.over-blog.com